Summer Term 2020 Home Learning
As we move into the summer term, we would like you to do the following things to support your child's learning and development .
Each day, we would like you to
- access a Read Write Inc. (RWI) phonics session - we will give you individual links to which session is most appropriate for your child.
- listen to your child read, either one of their reading books or a Bug Club book online.
- undertake a literacy activity - there will be an adult support plan to guide you.
- undertake a maths activity - there will be an adult support plan to guide you.
- choose an activity from a range of activities that you and your child decide you would like to do together.
- upload photos to the class Facebook page 'St Andrews CE Infant School Busy Bees' to share the activities that your child has been doing.
Each week, we will provide a planning overview with a range of activity ideas. We will provide links to adult support plans to guide you through the activities. We hope you will find this useful.
We will also be sending a weekly email inviting you to story-time via Zoom each day. This email will contain the meeting ID and password.
Home Learning (week commencing 08.06.2020)
Home Learning Overview for week commencing 20.04.2020
Spring Term 2020 Home Learning
Everyone will be bringing home a learning pack full of ideas to share and enjoy at home.
Please log in daily to the Read Write Inc (RWI) phonics lessons (see links below).
This will keep the children's phonic (sounds) knowledge sharp (and you never know, you might learn something new too!)
Learning to read at home with Read Write Inc. Phonics during school closure.
From Monday 23rd March, RWI are scheduling phonics lessons on Facebook and YouTube for children to watch at home.
They will release three short speed sound lessons with one of their trainers every day for the next two weeks.
The films will only be available at the times shown below:
Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am and again at 12:30pm
Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am and again at 1:00pm
Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am and again at 1:30pm
Please note: the films are streamed live and won’t be available at other times.
They will also release a film of a teacher reading a poem for Reception and Year 1 children to join in with at 2:00pm every day.
The poems will be available to watch again and again on YouTube.
A great opportunity for children to learn these by heart!
Parents can sign up to either their Facebook page or their YouTube channel.