Welcome to the Dragonflies C class page.
Please find below information and resources to support your child with their learning.
Summer 2 - Rainforest Adventure, Continents and Healthy Eating
This half term we will be learning about rainforests, continents and the importance of healthy eating. Please find below a few clips for your child to watch as an introduction to our topic.
To give the children an entry point into the topic we would like the children to make something to do with the Rainforest.
Here are a few ideas;
• Paint a picture of the Rainforest with the trees and animals.
• Create a fact file about Rainforests; where are they, what do they have, what lives there, what is happening to them, are they important?
• Make a list of what lives there.
• Make a model of the Rainforest using creative materials.
• Write about how you could get there.
• Cut out a rainforest animal mask.
• Use a shoe box to recreate a mini Rainforest.
• Print pictures of trees or animals from the Rainforest.
Please bring in their creative work on Monday 7th June as these will then form part of our display.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Enjoy getting creative!
Monday 17th May 2021
Home learning for today
English: Starting point – using the photographs from our Linford Lakes trip on 12th May 2021 (these are on the class Facebook group already), choose 5 pictures and write a paragraph (several sentences that relate to each other) about each picture. Remember to use time order words, adjectives, adverbs and past tense verbs.
Maths: in order to answer the questions, think is it asking you to add, takeaway, times or divide. Use your skills to help answer the following math word problems. It is useful to identify the important information first.
Remember, you also have your Times Table Rockstars account to log into to, so enjoy some additional time to practise!
Please also join our Dragonfly whole school story time on Zoom today at 11am. The link has been shared on our Facebook group already.